Slideshow!

Monday, August 2, 2010

The Plan

So, as I was driving down the road I saw a cool vintage trailer and commented on its coolness. My brother agreed and we mentioned how my mother had always wanted to get a trailer and travel the country with it. Then I thought to myself -- why not? All this time I've spent doing school, doing work, doing all the things that I'm -supposed- to be doing and frankly, I'm friggin' miserable. I can't get a grip on my family problems, me problems, and as a result I'm not doing ANY of the things I love (ie, writing, traveling, etc) I think I might have gone about things ass backwards. Luckily, my lovely, amazing, vivacious fiancée is crazy enough to take a chance with me and so we're going to do it.

June 26th, 2011: Wedding

June 27th, 2011: The adventure begins.

We are going to buy a trailer or a modest motor home and take off for a while. We're going to go see all the places we've never seen and never been. Whitney has a stable source of income that if we're frugal and if we save enough money over the next year we can definitely stretch out for a span of time. I don't know how long but we've agreed we'll do it as long as we're still having fun. Because as much as we want the farm, the house, the anchor in our lives, we both acknowledge that once all those things happen, we're not going to get the opportunity to do crazy, ill-conceived things such as this. Yes, it will be hard and yes, there's some concessions and sacrifices we will have to make to live such a life but I think that after its all said and done, it will be quite the experience and we'll both learn a lot about ourselves and each other. And what more could you ask of a honeymoon??? :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment